Thursday, November 12, 2009

About Me!

So I decided that since I can't get my head to shut up with all the crazy (and not so crazy) thoughts racing in my head, I needed to vent somewhere and what better place than in a blog. I tried the blog thing once, but my daughter was so young at the time I didn't have a chance to follow up much, but now she is quite happy to entertain herself so I get some (small amount) of time to myself.

My name is Marissa Dean, I am 22 years old, the mother of one awesome little girl who is 18 months old and married to quite the man, whom I love dearly and can't imagine my life without. Now, before I became pregnant with my DD I was certifying to become a Birth Doula, well since the birth of my daughter and the demands of being a mother and a wife, I have had to put that on hold for now, along with my dream of being a midwife. But it is all worth it.

I still have many opinions and thoughts on maternity care and newborn care that I need to express. I can't be a doula at the moment but I still want to be an active member of the birthing community until I am ready to embark on my own journey into midwifery.

So here is my blog. I will be adding posts every few days and am hoping to talk to some wonderful Womyn and Men.

Much love
Marissa Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment